Da Black Whole

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Was A Sonly Day



















Another BIG DAY at the Developmental Therapy Clinic for The Peanut.

He had a long combo session with both the Speech and Occupational therapists, both of whom are competent and pretty tuned with him, and (thankfully!) need no convincing of his innate intelligence and sensitivity. Most of the staff there already know his appointment days! The office doors open as he ambles by in his Thomas Tank Engine light-up shoes. And all along the zen lanes, the cherry trees laugh and blossom.

His mom reports the day's highlight: when the OC therapist entered the room, Ben distinctly enunciated "Hi!"


Sitting in an English Garden
waiting for the sun
If the sun don't come
you get your tan
from standing in the English
rain!

"I Am the Walrus" (Lennon, McCartney)




HOORAY for PEANUT!!

I am so proud of you!

Among the fondest memories of my life are rare, very personal vocalizations Ben made during my visits. They may be miracles, but his trying so hard sure didn't hurt.


We interrupt this broadcast for the weather report.

This time last month, the temperature stayed in single digits for weeks. It hasn't been above 35 degrees since late October, probably.

It's been raining for days. It poured last night. Today's forecast was lower-thirties, snow or possible rain. Another in a phalanx of drear-grey days.

I bought food this morning in town. The sun was out.

Later this afternoon, the temp reached the mid-fifties.

Felt like June!

It's been a loooong winter, decades of cold iron rain, and it ain't over yet. You want to survive these times, you'd better know how to dream, eh Peanut?

Howz bout some Sunny Afternoon courtesy Ray Davies?





My girlfriend's run off with my car

And gone back to her ma and pa

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty.

Now I'm sitting here,

Sipping at my ice cold beer,

Lazing on a sunny after noon.

Help me, Help me, Help me sail away!

Well give me two good reasons why I oughta stay.




Orion. Sarah. Peanut's brother and sis.














Yesterday, astronomers theorized a 200,000-year (one way!) travel-time from a galaxy's heart to a black hole.


















Why's that in this post?

I dunno exactly.

If I ever figger it out, I'll dray ya a Map! From Da Black Whole straight to Your Place.

When I look at that joyful Peanut, I see the galaxy's heart.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home