Da Black Whole

Friday, November 11, 2005

Helter Skelter 11/11
















Alexander Column, Palace Square, General Staff Arch

St. Petersburg

Doric column surmounted by angel crushing a snake



Whoa the Ukraine girls really knock me out
they leave the West behind
and Moscow girls make me scream and shout
that Georgia's always on

my my my my my my my my my
mind
. . .
You don't know how lucky you are, boys
Back in the USSR!!


(Lennon, McCartney)


ain't that the godshonest trooth . . .

great concert tonite, boys . . . Paulie on the telly from st. pete's!

closed the show with "Helter Skelter"

!!yoikez!!


and i thought they'd retired that song

[:O)

credited to both, but Paul wrote that one (so There yoko!)


When I get to the bottom
I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn
and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again.

Do you, don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you
Tell me tell me tell me come on tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer.

Helter skelter helter skelter
Helter skelter.

Will you, won't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me tell me tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer.

Look out helter skelter helter skelter
Helter skelter
Look out, cause here she comes.

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
And I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
And I get to the bottom and I see you again

Well do you, don't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me tell me tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer.

Look out helter skelter helter skelter
Helter skelter
Look out helter skelter
She's coming down fast
Yes she is
Yes she is.



what the hell is Paul on about now?

on about hell, he is!

the song was recorded on Sept. 9, 1968, included on the White Album, and released the same year, on the infamous date of November 22 (thus, exactly 15 years after the J.F.K. assassination)

sorry, no coincidences, rong planet . . .

there's the Manson connection, of course, and Charles' interpretation of the song as apocalyptic (it is) and his identification of the Beatles as angels from the Book of Revelation (no comment)

in Britain, a helter skelter is an amusement-park ride -- a spiral slide built around a high tower

kinda like the Alexander Column, which was the "centerpiece" for Paul's televised concert tonight

there's also a "slide" around the Alexander Column, tho it's a weebit harder to see . . . and in addition to taking folks up and down, it takes them in and out

the big Meat Slide! Dubble Helix Redux!

and there at bottom, at the angel's foot, is the Queen of Chaos coming down

. . . to say nothing of the Empire!!

Helen, hell-on-wheels, not even full-grown, just a Georgie-girl
Helter Skelter

Look out
she's coming
down fast








Ka Trina







Look out she's here

Now who ya gonna call?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home